Sunday, July 8, 2012

Promo: Dina, The Burlapped Crusader

My wonderful friend Jenny's show, Dina, The Burlapped Crusader, is bringing joy to this year's Fringe. Dina is trying to fight against boredom and drudgery, and invites you to leave your cellphones on during the performance, and to use them by tweeting and texting her. The show is designed to stand on its own but be improved by audience interaction and play.  Fringe theatre, I find, even more than any other kind of theatre, is all about connection with an audience; the small houses and collegial atmosphere really contribute to interaction between performer and spectator. Dina's really looking forward to making these connections with you!

Remaining performances are July 8th at 7:30, July 9th at 5:15, July 11th at 9:30, July 12th at 7, and July 13th at 11:30. I am working the July 9th show, so if you happen to be the one reader of my blog who isn't among my friends and family already and would like to meet me, that's where I'll be.

I'll leave you with a promo video for Dina; I'm the bored redhead in the coat.


Off to see more Fringe! If you're in Toronto and not doing the same, you're very silly!

-Ilana

No comments:

Post a Comment